Full Stack Web Developer
ClearEvent is looking for an experienced Full Stack Web Developer to join our Toronto-area team.
How we work:
We pride ourselves on delivering excellent usability, software craftsmanship and having a sense of realism of what we can get done in the time we have. We work in two week Sprints starting with a planning meeting where the stories are presented, discussed, refined, estimated and broken down. This is a chance for the entire team (including Steven, our fearless CEO!) to contribute to the future of our product. Once the Sprint is in gear, we have daily virtual “standups” where we discuss current progress, but the story is yours to deliver, working on the entire stack from the database up to the HTML.
What you’ll do:
- Play a key role in the early growth and development phase of the company.
- Work closely with the product team and our customers to create amazing user experiences.
- Build secure, performant API architectures.
- Write clean, maintainable, well-tested and scalable front-end and back-end code.
- 3-5 years prior work experience in a full-stack and/or back-end engineering role.
- An addiction to learning new technology that is so strong that you’ve considered rehab.
- The passion to drive the mission forward and do whatever it takes to get the job done right.
- Solid team, communication, time management and critical thinking skills.
- Strong knowledge of technologies like .NET, C#, Entity Framework (Code-First), Unit Testing/Mocking, SQL, Web API, REST, and JSON.
- You’ve read OWASP and understand how to build secure software.
- You believe a great team can accomplish anything.
- A sense of humor and an understanding that unicorns are not real and that you may not have 100% of the desired skills listed in this posting.
Nice to haves:
- You’re a self-motivated learner that loves to share your knowledge with others.
- You’re obsessed with the details and take ownership of problems.
- You can’t wait to sink your teeth into all the goodness of ECMAScript 6.
- Your head is in the clouds (e.g. Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, etc…).
- You have multi-tenant or SaaS-based product development experience.
- You have knowledge in any of the following additional technologies: AngularJS, Durandal, Aurelia, Knockout, BreezeJS, Node.js, SOLID programming, Dependency Injection (e.g. Ninject), OWIN, JQuery, Bootstrap, SASS/LESS, Jasmine, Visual Studio and Git.
- You’re able to integrate popular payment processors (e.g. PayPal, Stripe, Dwolla, etc…).
- You have previous tech startup experience.
- You contribute to open-source or personal projects.
- You love Agile, Scrum and TDD.
Please email us your application and tell us why you think you’d be a good fit for ClearEvent. Include your resume and any links to your LinkedIn, Twitter, Stack Overflow, AngelList or GitHub profiles.